Student Housing

Safety & Wellness

Resident Assistants/Resident Managers

Single Student Housing is staffed by live-in Resident Assistants (RA) and Resident Managers (RM). These individuals play an important role in promoting on-campus safety. Resident Assistants are Utah Tech University students who provide support and resources to the residents in their communities. Resident Managers are usually a married couple who live in the building and provide management and oversight to the duties performed by the Resident Assistants.



Each night, Resident Assistants walk rounds in and around the on-campus housing facilities and report any suspicious behavior. They also use this time to connect with students in the halls and discuss the happenings in on-campus housing. Live-in staff also carry an after-hours duty phone that students may call if they are in need of assistance when the Housing Office is closed.


Department of University Police

The Department of University at Utah Tech University is an accredited state police agency. University Police employs both police and security officers to serve UT’s campus. UT police officers patrol the on-campus housing areas regularly and are in good communication with the Housing and Resident Life staff. Staff and/or students may call St. George Dispatch (435-627-4300) at any hour of the day to request police officer assistance. More information about the Department of University Police can be found here.


Health & Counseling Center

The Health and Counseling Center offers various medical and mental health services, including: sick visits; minor wound care; medical testing; lab work; exams; and, help with mental health, emotional, or behavioral issues. Medical and mental health services for students are free per appointment, unless otherwise indicated. More information can be found here.


Vaccine-Preventable Disease Information

College students who live, study, and work in communal settings may be exposed to germs. Vaccination is a safe and effective way to protect yourself and others against many of the diseases caused by these germs. In the following charts, you will see the vaccinations recommended by the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) for students of various ages and health concerns. For more information on symptoms and risks of the diseases that vaccines can help prevent as well as the benefits and risks related to vaccines, visit here.

Students and other may receive vaccinations from their health care provider, a pharmacist, or from the Southwest Utah Health Department.

Southwest Utah Health Department
620 S. 400 E.
St. George, UT 84770

Adult Immunization Schedule
Adult Immunization Schedule by Medical Conditions & Other Indications


Have questions? Reach out to us!

Housing Office


Phone: 435-652-7570

Fax: 435-652-4050

Office: 974 E 100 S
St. George, UT 84770